Consultative engineering and construction services: Submarine Power Cable Installation Study
The EuroAsia Interconnector project links the electrical systems of Israel, Cyprus and continental Greece (via Crete) through 500 KV sub-marine DC cables and HVDC onshore stations in each country/location and have a total capacity of 2 000 MW. The project creates an energy bridge between the two continents with a total length of the interconnector of 1 520 km, and creates a reliable alternative corridor for transferring electricity to Europe and allow for reverse transmission of electricity.
Stage 1 of the EuroAsia Interconnector consist of a 500 kV submarine cable with a total capacity of 1 000 MW and 8 HVDC onshore stations.
The project promoter of the EuroAsia Interconnector is EuroAsia Interconnector Limited, a subsidiary of Cyprus-based Quantum Energy Limited and with the participation of Greek Public Power Corporation (PPC) S.A. The interconnector project has been included in the list of Projects of Common Interest (PCI) of the European Union, as a cluster PCI consisting of the following PCIs:
· PCI 3.10.1 — Interconnection between Hadera (IL) and Kofinou (CY)
· PCI 3.10.2 — Interconnection between Kofinou (CY) and Korakia, Crete (EL)
· PCI 3.10.3 — Internal line between Korakia, Crete(EL) and Attica region (EL) Pachi
The project is at its final design phase prior to the commencement of construction works.
The general Scope of Work of the proposal is to provide a cable installation study for the EuroAsia Interconnector Cable. This includes the review of available data, route analysis, cable installation, cable protection and landfall construction.
The Scope of Work of the study consists of the parts shown below and considers the complete cable installation including the construction of the landfalls. For each of these parts, an overview is shown below along with a brief description.
1. Study Preparation, Project Management & Reporting: Basic Framework for the study, study management, meeting, documentation.
2. Risk Assessment / HAZID: Identify the acceptable risk level and necessary protection level to achieve it. Identification of the hazards that generate risk.
3. Review Data: Review of completeness and quality of the data, including cable specifications, cable route, metocean and geotechnical data, environmental requirements
4. Engineering Basis Study: Summary of all technical data to be used in the remainder of the study, with assumptions where necessary
5. Free Span Analysis: The analysis will determine the allowable free span for the cables.
6. Route Optimisation: Select most appropriate and cost effective route; prepare alignment sheets
7. Cable Length Assessment: Assessment of the estimated required cable length along the whole route
8. Cable Lay Analysis: Static and dynamic installation analysis along the whole route.
9. Repair Options: Options for making future repairs to the cable will be analyzed.
10. Pre-lay Seabed Preparation: Seabed interventions required before the cable can be installed.
11. Workability analysis: Workability analysis, including working windows required, for a set of representative vessels.
12. Protection Design: Protection philosophy, analysis of accidental loads, design of protection.
13. Landfall Site Assessment, Local Content & Site Access: Site Visit & Assessment and Investigation of locally available resources.
14. Landfall Installation Method Statement: Selection pf most suitable method of landfall construction, storyboard, required materials and landfall specific equipment.
15. Equipment Specification: Specification of the required equipment, both vessels auxiliary equipment.
16. Project execution Plan & Method Statement: High level description of required actions, methods and procedures
17. Installation Schedule: Provisional planning of project execution.
18. Budget Estimate: High level cost estimate for the actual installation of the cable and landfalls.
The Tender process will take place in 2 stages:
a. Pre-selection stage: Invitation to all interested Economic Operators to submit Requests to Participate, so that qualified Candidates may be selected to submit a Tender. The evaluation and selection of qualified economic operators will be performed according to the process and criteria described in this Invitation.
b. Award stage: Invitation of qualified candidates to submit a Tender and take place in negotiations. Details of the Tender evaluation and negotiation processes to be provided in the Request for Proposal that will be sent to qualified economic operators along with the invitation to submit a tender.
Interested Economic Operators may submit their inquiries/comments/suggestions regarding the Tender processing writing via fax, e-mail or letter at the contact information provided in this notice, by 26.8.2016 at 12:00. The Contracting Authority shall provide written answers to any questions that will have been submitted in due time, at the above URL, by 2.9.2016. It is noted that under no circumstance may Economic Operators rely or invoke any verbal information provided by personnel of the Contracting Authority.
Every Economic Operator being interested in the conclusion of a contract with EuroAsia Interconnector Ltd shall be entitled to contest, by lodging an appeal, any enforceable act of the Contracting Authority related to the selection procedure which he considers as affecting his interests in an unlawful manner
This appeal is exercised in accordance with the requirements of the applicable legislation for extending legal protection at the stage which precedes the conclusion of the contract.
The time limits for lodging the appeal and for subsequent recourse, if any, to provisional remedies shall entail only the restraints imposed by the law.
Every appeal, in accordance with the aforementioned, shall be against EuroAsia Interconnector Ltd and examined by a responsible Appeals Committee, who/which shall issue a justified decision thereon within the time limit provided for by the standing legislation in force from time to time that will be provided in writing to the party lodging the appeal. If such time limit elapses inactive, it shall be inferred that the appeal has been dismissed.
The Tender procedure shall be conducted in accordance with Directive 2004/17/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council as applicable.
By submitting their Requests to Participate, Candidates are assumed to be familiar with all relevant laws and Regulations of the Republic of Cyprus which affect, either directly or indirectly, the tender procedure. With regard to the implementation of the Contract Scope, Candidates are assumed to be familiar with all relevant laws and Regulations of the places of delivery of the Contract as specified in Section II.1.2, which affect, either directly or indirectly the implementation of the contract scope.
Contracting Authority will consider as acceptable those Requests to Participate which comply with all terms and conditions of this invitation and may also accept any Request to Participate with insignificant deviations based on its judgement and discretion. Insignificant deviations are considered to be differences that do not affect the scope of the contract's object or the quality of its execution, do not substantially restrict the rights of the Contracting Authority or the obligations of the Contractor and do not affect the principal of equal treatment of tenderers.
Any attempt by or on behalf of a Candidate to influence in any way whatsoever the judgement of the Contracting Authority or of the Opening/Evaluation Committee in the discharge of their duties in connection with the tender procedure or result, shall result in the rejection of its Request to Participate.
Candidates who have obtained or taken in their possession, without legal authority and at their own initiative, information or documents of a secret nature in connection to the tender procedure, shall be excluded from participation.
Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate: 9.9.2016 - 12:00